Detectives and investigators Miami Beach South Beach
All investigations, regardless of type or purpose, depending on the gathering of factual information. Gathering factual information is the main purpose of any investigation, without which no case would be solved, no stolen property recovered, and no missing person located. Factual information in a concise written report is the product that we sell to our client.
Today’sdetectives and investigators Miami Beach South Beach must learn to think of himself as a highly sophisticated camera with the lens always open, recording and observing everything. Regardless of the case, the detectives and investigators Miami Beach South Beach want answers to the questions who, what, when, where, how, and why. The detectives and investigators Miami Beach South Beach are often the last hope for many people.
Three methods that detectives and investigators Miami Beach South Beach use to obtain information in Miami Beach South Beach are:
1. Researching public records
2. Interviewing individuals with relevant information
3. Surveillance of individuals to learn about their behavior. Detectives and investigators Miami Beach South Beach must use one, two, or all three of these methods in order to obtain the information needed by the client. To excel as detectives and investigators Miami Beach South Beach, one must know how to do all three very well.
What are detectives and investigators Miami Beach South Beach?
Detectives and investigators Miami Beach South Beach are professional researchers who use observation, inquiry, examination, and experimentation to obtain evidence and factual information upon which sound decisions can be made. In order to achieve success as detectives and investigators Miami Beach South Beach, certain basic guidelines must be observed.
Ask many questions when seeking information. Often, this means repeating questions in order to uncover discrepancies and following up on initial questions with more detailed ones. You can never gather too much information. It is easy to eliminate non-essential information later on.
Recognize that suspects, criminals, and other subjects of the investigation come from all walks of life and are represented by all races, both sexes, and an endless variety of lifestyles.
When as detectives and investigators Miami Beach South Beach you are investigating the crime scene, do not commit yourself to the guilt or innocence of anyone at the scene whom you may question. Remember, your purpose is to gather facts; judgments will come later.
Do not be overconfident. Be certain that you have gathered all the information. Before you conclude the investigation, ask yourself, “Is there more information I should attempt to obtain? Have I overlooked anything that could make a difference in the outcome of the investigation?”
Do not jump to conclusions Miami Beach South Beach
Never take things for granted, make no assumptions about how much information is needed before you begin searching. False assumptions often lead to the loss of valuable information and evidence.
Work with evidence you find at the scene. Examine all evidence carefully; pieces of paper, documents, tools, fragments of cloth, or personal items belonging to a possible suspect or other person involved in the incident that you are investigating, any physical evidence can provide an important investigative lead.
Develop informants and sources of information before you need them. No detectives and investigators Miami Beach South Beach can get along without sources, because they can provide shortcuts to many investigative problems.
Attributes Of Successful Detectives and Investigators Miami Beach South Beach
The following attributes are the special qualities that will help you achieve success asdetectives and investigators Miami Beach South Beach:
Suspicion Detectives and investigators Miami Beach South Beach
Detectives and investigators Miami Beach South Beach must be cautious of obvious things and wary of persons who are quick to provide alibis and identification. Demand verification whenever possible.
Curiosity Detectives and investigators Miami Beach South Beach
Detectives and investigators Miami Beach South Beach must develop curiosity and follow up on it. Have the desire to learn the truth. An inquisitive mind is essential to the detectives and investigators Miami Beach South Beach.
Observation Miami Beach South Beach
For the detectives and investigators Miami Beach South Beach five senses are important tools of the trade. It may be important for you to remember unusual things about an individual (i.e., his manner and posture or the way he dresses). Learn to observe details.
Memory Detectives and investigators Miami Beach South Beach
Detectives and investigators Miami Beach South Beach must have the ability to recall accurately the facts and events or the physical characteristics of a suspect having this as a valuable skill.
An Unbiased and Unprejudiced Mind
Bias and prejudice will result in a poor investigation, unfairness to suspects, and clouding of facts that need to be uncovered objectively. Do not let personal likes or dislikes interfere with investigations.
Ability to Play a Role Detectives and investigators Miami Beach South Beach
This skill is especially important for detectives and investigators Miami Beach South Beach who work alone most of the time. Using their own identity could expose the detectives and investigators Miami Beach South Beach to recognition and danger. The ability to assume convincing identities is particularly valuable in surveillance, undercover activities, and a variety of confidential inquiries.
Persistence and Capacity for Hard Work Detectives and investigators Miami Beach South Beach
Many times, detectives and investigators Miami Beach South Beach will find themselves working late into the night to follow-up a promising lead or question a particularly valuable witness.
Resourcefulness Detectives and investigators Miami Beach South Beach
Detectives and investigators Miami Beach South Beach must be able to adapt to all types of stressful situations that may demand technical skills.
Ability to Obtain the Cooperation of Others Detectives and investigators Miami Beach South Beach
In the course of detectives and investigators Miami Beach South Beach they will make many contacts. Some will be clients, some will be witnesses, some will be suspects, and some will just be well-meaning citizens who can provide information. It is essential that you obtain cooperation from as many people as possible in order to secure the vital facts and information that you will need to conclude an investigation. He or she will need patience, courtesy, tact, and understanding.
A suspect or witness who has been intimidated, frightened, or angered by impatient detectives and investigators Miami Beach South Beach is of no value.
Interest in Your Work and Pride of Accomplishment Detectives and investigators
True success in any profession is based on sincere interest and pride in a job well done. The knowledge that your efforts can bring a criminal to justice, locate a missing loved one, or have a large business sums of money can bring you immense satisfaction asdetectives and investigators Miami Beach South Beach.
Street Sense Detectives and investigators
As detectives and investigators Miami Beach South Beach you should have an intuitive understanding of the way the world works and how people move through it. This can be developed and refined. The more time you spend on the street and the more attention you pay to detail, the sharper your street sense will become. This can be learned and sharpened as you work in the investigative field.
Good Listening Skills Detectives and investigators
As detectives and investigators Miami Beach South Beach you need to be good listeners in order to communicate effectively. In order to be a good interviewer, you must be able to understand the person who you are questioning. If you do not have good listening skills, you will never be an effective interviewer. Therefore, you will not be successful legal or corporate detectives and investigators Miami Beach South Beach.
Ability to Put People at Ease Detectives and investigators
In order to convince people to submit to interviews, detectives and investigators Miami Beach South Beach need to be able to “schmooze,” this means to make people feel comfortable talking to you. This is a very necessary skill to have in order to conduct successful interviews.
Ability to Speak at the Level of the Audience Detectives and investigators
There is nothing that turns a person off quicker than someone speaking down or using language that is difficult to understand. As detectives and investigators Miami Beach South Beach you must be able to speak to anyone from a high school dropout to a professional doctor in language that is appropriate and understandable.
Understanding of Body Language Detectives and investigators
To know if a person is truthful in an interview situation, as detectives and investigators Miami Beach South Beach you must be able to read body language. As legal detectives and investigators Miami Beach South Beach, you may interview a potential witness for 30 minutes. At the end of that time, you must gauge that person’s honesty and credibility as a potential witness.
Good Manners Detectives and investigators
There is no excuse for rude behavior, be polity detectives and investigators Miami Beach South Beach.
Flexibility Detectives and investigators
As detectives and investigators Miami Beach South Beach you must have the ability to adapt to whatever situation presents itself.
Intuitive Understanding of Human Nature Detectives and investigators
People are people regardless of the circumstances you may be investigating. As detectives and investigators Miami Beach South Beach, we see people, our clients, subjects, and suspects, often at times of extreme emotional distress.
Self-Confidence Detectives and investigators
You need to have belief in your ability to handle any situation, if you possess the above skills, you will be successful as detectives and investigators Miami Beach South Beach and, more importantly, as a human being.
Investigation combines the skills of both science and art. Given the proper knowledge, tools, and money to operate, few cases exist that cannot be solved if the detectives and investigators Miami Beach South Beach devote the time and energy necessary to complete the assignment.
Detectives and investigators Miami Beach South Beach perform the following activities:
- Criminal investigations Miami Beach South Beach
- Matrimonial or domestic relations investigations Miami Beach South Beach
- Negligence investigations Miami Beach South Beach
- Security Miami Beach South Beach
- Expert witness Miami Beach South Beach
- Electronic countermeasures, also called communication security sweeps (i.e., debugging) Miami Beach South Beach
- Corporate investigation Miami Beach South Beach
- Shopping services Miami Beach South Beach
- Skip tracing Miami Beach South Beach
- “Day in the life” productions Miami Beach South Beach
- Undercover investigation Miami Beach South Beach
- Process service Miami Beach South Beach
Types Of Investigation Carry Out By Detectives And Investigators Miami Beach South Beach
There are several types of investigation that will become part of your routine asdetectives and investigators Miami Beach South Beach.
Detectives and investigators Miami Beach South Beach work either for the victim or for the defendant or his attorney in criminal proceedings.
Serious crimes, which may lead to arrest and conviction of a subject, are the source of cases for the legal/criminal detectives and investigators Miami Beach South Beach. Burglary, theft, homicide, fraud, auto accidents, arson, kidnapping, and so on, are all examples of activities where violations of laws have taken place and you may be called to investigate. These cases typically fall into two categories:
1. Felonies: serious crimes which may involve punishment by death or imprisonment in state or federal prison in excess of one year.
2. Misdemeanors: lesser crimes usually punishable by a fine or imprisonment in a city or county jail, not to exceed one year.
This pertains to anything involving lawsuits in which questions of money or property must be settled. Violations of the law are usually not involved. Divorce, bankruptcy, personal injury and negligence cases, and lawsuits of various types are examples of civil matters that may require investigation.
An attorney or client may hire detectives and investigators Miami Beach South Beach to prove either one of the parties to the suit is liable. There are two terms detectives and investigators Miami Beach South Beach must know.
1. The plaintiff is the party who brings a legal action; one who accuses another person of wrongdoing.
2. The defendant is the accused; the one who must defend himself against charges brought by the plaintiff. While he may be accused of wrongdoing, he is assumed innocent until proven guilty by the plaintiff and the plaintiff's attorney.
Negligence Investigations Detectives and investigators
This type of investigation is conducted either for the plaintiff’s attorney to prove liability or for the defendant’s company or business to prove the absence of liability or absence of a permanent serious injury. This can be accomplished through the use of surveillance (often video or photo), locating and interviewing witnesses, or trying to establish that a pre-existing condition caused or was aggravated by the injury or that the defendant was at fault. A modest investigative fee often saves a client from a large monetary award.
Corporate Investigation Detectives and investigators
Detectives and investigators Miami Beach South Beach may monitor what is going on in business, investigate fraud within or outside the company, and provide diligence investigations or pre-employment screening.
General Investigations Detectives and investigators
This category includes a wide variety of investigative activities. Included here are the location of witnesses and missing persons, serving of legal process, skip-tracing, checks on employee dishonesty and fraud, security surveys, bodyguard work, surveillance, etc.
Personnel and Background Checks Detectives and investigators
This type of investigation is ordered by businesses, and is undertaken in order to determine whether the character, history, financial status, credentials of an individual making him a suitable candidate for a job, a position of public trust, a large loan, credit, etc. Insurance companies investigate applicants; banks check on individuals applying for loans and also check the applicant’s credit rating.
Security Detectives and investigators
Manyinvestigative firms offer a range of security services, including:
Security surveys to determine vulnerability and to suggest corrective measures against theft.
Event protection or security (i.e., concerts).
Assignments Performed By Detectives And Investigators Miami Beach South Beach
Insurance Claims/Insurance Fraud
This is the largest and most complex category adetectives and investigators Miami Beach South Beach can do and includes inflated claims on vehicular accidents, phony claims by individuals and organized fraud rings, hit and run (multi-car) with phantom vehicle liability, staged accidents, phony and exaggerated personal injury claims, fraudulent income (disability claims), and paid or untruthful witnesses.
Witness Location Detectives and investigators
This involves researching public records (often the beginning of any investigation)
Interviews and Statements
This is when the detectives and investigators Miami Beach South Beach conduct interviews to witness, plaintiff, and defendant, and statements and declarations are taken.
Service of Legal Process Detectives and investigators
Service of summons and complaint, service of civil subpoena for deposition, service for civil subpoena duces tecum, and service for civil subpoena for trial testimony
Malpractice Defense Detectives and investigators
Detectives and investigators Miami Beach South Beach conduct an investigation for medical, dental, and legal malpractice cases.
You are the lead investigator on a case. You conduct a thorough and comprehensive investigation that leads you to a prime suspect. You are now ready to conduct an interview and, hopefully, obtain a confession. After a significant amount of time in the interview room, you're no closer than you were when you started. What went wrong?
There are a number of reasons why detectives and investigators Miami Beach South Beach fail to get the truth from people. In order to overcome these obstacles in your own interviews, it is very helpful to know what some of the most common ones are:
• Ten percent (10%) of the population will not confess or be persuaded. You will never get a 100% confession rate. Some people are sociopaths and lack the element of conscience to which we attempt to appeal. Some people simply have too much to lose and would rather take their chances in court. Whatever the reason, there is a small percentage of people who will not confess or be persuaded no matter what.
• We fail to perform a full investigation before the interview. We may neglect to verify the victim's story as credible. If we don't fully believe our victim, then we need to resolve those unanswered questions before interviewing the suspect. It will be very difficult to obtain a confession from the suspect otherwise. Perhaps we failed to conduct interviews with other parties of interest, or failed to obtain necessary evidence. In short, if we are not armed with as many facts as possible, taking on the suspect will be an uphill battle.
• We fail to pick up the subject's passive messages. We don't listen, or don't know how to listen to the right way. While the speaker is talking, we evaluate our response instead of listening. We may miss important body language which is telling us that the suspect is restless, defensive, weary, hostile or even truthful. Remember, listening also means observing the subject's non-verbal communication. Another problem is finishing the subject's sentences. This destroys rapport and creates potential problems later on in court. If we provide the subject with too much information, we are no longer eliciting information from him-we are providing details which may allow the defense to argue we obtained a false confession.
• We fail to control the structure of the interview/interrogation. Too many questions cause confusion as to which question the subject is actually answering. Another common mistake is that the investigator begins the interrogation prematurely. We must conduct a thorough interview first, establishing rapport and a clear baseline of the subject's truth-telling style. If we confront or accuse too soon, most subjects will clam up and stop the interview.
• We don't control verbal and non-verbal behavior. We fail to realize that many subjects are checking out our body language too. If we lack confidence in the subject's culpability, he will perceive our uncertainty and continue to deny his involvement.
• We run out of things to say. During the interrogation phase, we must continuously deploy themes (stories that help rationalize the subject's criminal behavior) that will provide the subject with a palatable means of confessing. If the interrogation goes on for very long, it sometimes becomes very difficult to maintain the direct psychological pressure of deploying themes. Some detectives and investigators Miami Beach South Beach simply give up when they run out of ideas of what to say. We encourage detectives and investigators Miami Beach South Beach to repeat themes because chances are the subject did not hear or comprehend it the first time.
• We fail to visit the crime scene. Visiting the crime scene allows us to get a spatial and visual image of what occurred during the commission of the crime. It provides us with an accurate physical layout of the scene. Not having this information during a suspect interview could prove very detrimental.
• We don't control our environment. The interview should be taking place on OUR turf-in an interview room at our facility. It's our field, our game, our scorekeeping, our timekeeping. The interview room should be quiet and free from distractions and interruptions. The more we control the environment, the more success we will have in the interview.
• We don't think about the subject's psychological mindset. We ignore their feelings and attitudes. Instead of listening and showing empathy, we focus on the process while dismissing - in words or attitude - their emotional needs. This is a rapport-killer, so listen with compassion and the intent to understand.
• We give up. The longer you refuse to quit, the greater your chances of success. If they have not yet refused to talk anymore or ask for an attorney, and we call it quits, we self-defeat and create our own failure.
• Visualize success. Some detectives and investigators Miami Beach South Beach go into the interview with a negative attitude. Think of the interview and interrogation process as a game and visualize your success!
• We forget that we are actually salespeople. Good salespeople try to sell a product that will benefit the buyer. As law enforcement, we are not selling a physical product, but we are selling a concept - telling the truth. It is a difficult sell, but it is achievable with patience, confidence, and a methodical approach.
If luminol reveals apparent blood traces, detectives and investigators Miami Beach South Beach will photograph or videotape the crime scene to record the pattern. Typically, luminol only shows detectives and investigators Miami Beach South Beach that there might be blood in an area, since other substances, including household bleach, can also cause the luminol to glow. Experienced detectives and investigators Miami Beach South Beach can make a reliable identification based on how quickly the reaction occurs, but they still need to run other tests to verify that it is really human blood.
Luminol in itself won't usually solve a murder case. It's only one step in the investigative process. But it can reveal essential information that gets a stalled investigation going again. For example, hidden blood spatter patterns can help detectives and investigators Miami Beach South Beach locate the point of attack and even what sort of weapon was used (a bullet makes blood splatter very differently than a knife does). Luminol may also reveal faint bloody shoe prints, which gives detectives and investigators Miami Beach South Beach valuable information about the assailant and what he or she did after the attack.
In some cases, luminol leads detectives and investigators Miami Beach South Beach to more evidence. For example, if luminol detects trace amounts of blood on a carpet, detectives and investigators Miami Beach South Beach may pull up the carpet and discover a lot of visible blood on the floorboards below.
One problem with luminol is that the chemical reaction can destroy other evidence in the crime scene. For this reason, detectives and investigators Miami Beach South Beach only use luminol after exploring a lot of other options. It is definitely a valuable tool for police work, but it's not quite as prevalent in crime investigation as presented on some TV shows. The police don't walk into a crime scene and start spraying luminol on every visible surface.
Have you ever found yourself looking through what seems like a sea of information on the internet?
Annoyed about finding information from someone who claims to have 30 years’ experience… but really only investigating for 1 year?
Sick of just knowing how to use an EMF detector and want something a little more?
Feel like every other investigator is just “winging it”?
Right then. You start searching on the internet for some sort of reliable information.
You type something like “Paranormal Phenomena” in google. Wonderful, there are pages and pages of information that comes up.
That’s great, right?
But some of this info comes from research papers written by people who have, let's just say, a more “complicated” language.
And yet this information is enormously valuable but it really can feel intimidating navigating through it all when it's written in an “academic” format. Your brain can feel like exploding just trying to get through the first paragraph.
Miami Beach • Miami Gardens Aventura • Bal Harbour • Bay Harbour Islands • Biscayne Park • Carol City • Coral Gables • Cutler Bay • Cutler Ridge • Doral • El Portal • Fisher Island • Florida City • Golden Beach • Hialeah • Hialeah Gardens • Homestead • Indian Creek • Islandia • Kendall • Key Biscayne • Medley • Miami • Miami Lakes • Miami Shores • Miami Springs • Naranja • North Bay Village • North Miami • North Miami Beach • Ojus • Opa-Locka • Palmetto Bay • Perrine • Pinecrest • Pinecrest / Monroe Co. • South Miami • Sunny Isles • Surfside • Sweetwater • Universal Park • Virginia Gardens • West Miami
private INVESTIGATOR SOUTH BEACH| missing persons investigator Miami Beach| detectives and investigatorsSouth Beach| detective search Miami Beach| surveillance investigation Miami Beach South Beach| PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR MIAMI BEACH